Gravid??

SEwicked

I paired this female almost 3 weeks ago and almost immediately saw them lock but it was only for like 30 seconds. Is that long enough for a male to get his stuff off lol? And I noticed the spot from her ovulation vanished like 5 days after the lock and she's been hugging her hot spot for about a week and a half now. Here are some belly pics does anyone think she looks Gravid.
e4b09acd86a1e5033c63da99783aa275.jpg
00cbfd0710550976b84efb37fd898d8b.jpg
31f31631ee1e1baf465db8fe94b7f063.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEwicked

She's also vocalizing at me whenever I pick her up now which she never did before I paired her.

Neon Aurora

If she was ovulating and you saw them mate, chances are very high (almost guaranteed) that she is gravid. If this is her first time, her first clutch may not be fertile, though.

SEwicked

Idk if this is her first year or not but it's certainly her first year with me, as for the actual act of mating does it normal go that quick?

Neon Aurora

Yes, it goes very quickly. If you think about it, mating is a very vulnerable time for them in nature since they won't be watching for predators and whatnot. The quicker they are able to successfully mate, the less likely they are to be found.

SEwicked

Never thought about it like that. Pretty valid point. Thank you for the responses. Now I guess it's just a matter of waiting lol

Visit our friends