Gt Type B

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
It's kindof a mystery, as best I can tell. "Type" is different from locale, as the rhac book boys define it.

Type A pretty much covers all the GT locales and are typically dark and low in blotching, and the type B is a highly patterned GT. I can't really make sense of it, but it seems the confusion may come from all these distinct locales being produced naturally, but yet not enough consistency within these locales or difference between them to really make them genetically all that different.

Welcome to leachies... :)

goReptiles

Thanks. I am highly addicted. I sat with motley last night and he just chilled on my hand as I watch tv.

He is 3.5 months and distinctly a male. Every day, his pores get darker.

The other one I bought and am still waiting on is about 5.5-6 months and no pores as of yet. I can't wait to get her in.

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
Did leachies really come in with locality data, or are the "localities" just best guesses based on appearance?

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
That's not an easy question to answer, Tony.

Rapashy, Fast and Vosjoli collected in the early nineties, and those are verifiable. For instance, my two are F2 from pairs from the island called Brosse, from Frank Fast's pairs. There are TONS of other animals that have sketchy backgrounds. There are even entire locales that are sketchy, like Pine Islands. From what I have been told, there's good reason to believe that they are actually Bayonnaise animals. I guess the problem is that when Henkel collected his animals, they were brought to him by loggers who didn't keep good track of where they came from, and Henkel didn't recognize different locales anyway.

I get my info from Steve, it's not like I really have first hand experience here. But there are recognizable differences between the locales, if you know what to look for.

Visit our friends