Just having fun..
gtpenigma017.jpg

Silly substrate mouth lol
gtpenigma019.jpg

And the tail.
gtpenigma003.jpg

N

Nigel4less

Awesome GTP Juan you better keep me on the list for babies :)

robin

there is no real way you are going to be able to tell her exact locality. green trees can be so variable.
gorgeous green tree you have there :D

nevinm

Moyer's Monsters
about the only way other than knowing the history, and parents is to wait for their full color to come in. alot of times the blue/greens, and the ones with the blueish hughs, or the dark solid green with purples are from the sorong local. but again, the adult colors are the only way to take a good guess.

TokayKeeper

Evil Playsand User
it looks biak-ish, at least to me judging from the head structure and patterning. But as already mentioned, there isn't really a way to tell. My suggestion would be to check out Greg Maxwell's book (The Complete Chondro or The More Complete Chondro - with will work) or visit the chondroweb forums (www.chondroweb.com) or morelia viridis form (www.chondro.net) and do searches for biak-type babies.

In my opinion though, it looks more biak-ish than anything, and in my opinion not too much on the sorong side (look for baby pics for sorong or jayapura types as the 2 "localities" look very similar as hatchlings and adults).

DAWNoftheLEO

lol, I own the more complete chondro, what kind of keeper would I be without it :).
As others said above, I will wait until her ontogenesis is complete. I guess that's why I titled it "GTP sorong maybe".

I'll keep updating this thread as time goes on (pics), it's gained a lot of white flecks recently, but watching this guys color change is so cool.

I had also heard the tail shape and color can be indicative of possible locale?

Thanks all for the comments :)

TokayKeeper

Evil Playsand User
DAWNoftheLEO said:
lol, I own the more complete chondro, what kind of keeper would I be without it :).
As others said above, I will wait until her ontogenesis is complete. I guess that's why I titled it "GTP sorong maybe".

I'll keep updating this thread as time goes on (pics), it's gained a lot of white flecks recently, but watching this guys color change is so cool.

I had also heard the tail shape and color can be indicative of possible locale?

Thanks all for the comments :)

Ignoring some of the newer localities that have come about (Nambire, Canary, etc), the only "localities" that I know of with differring tails are Aru and Merauke locality animals. They have a stubby tail, whereas other localities have a tail tip that ends in a point - biak, jayapura, and sorong to name a few.

Typically biaks seem to have a longer head as well than other localities.

P

PacHerp

SWEEET pics! That is one beautiful snake! And that is saying something... I'm not a snake person. lol.

:)

Visit our friends