Gutload with Repashy and dust with Repashy. Is this too much?

earthpiggamer

Hello y'all. I have read a couple pages of the Supplementation thread and havent found this question. Sorry if I missed it. I usually gut load my mealworms on potatoes and carrots the day before i feed them to my Leos and I dust with Repashy + at the time of feeding. I have been reading up on supplements and I have seen where some people use the Repashy Superload IGF along with potatoes and carrots to gut load their mealworms, and then they use calc dust (Repashy+) at feeding time. I was looking into doing this myself but I am worried it may be too much and detrimental to my Leos. Can anyone offer any advice or input on this matter. Thank you.

indyana

I'd be interested in responses to this as well. Someone recently advised me not to provide a dish of pure calcium in the enclosure if I were dusting with L.G. Calcium Plus and using SuperLoad. Not sure if this applies to special cases though (juveniles, gravid females). Repashy does recommend using SuperLoad and HydroLoad with Calcium Plus.

OnlineGeckos

Commercial gut-loads are not needed, it's indeed a bit excessive to use commercial gut-loads, then dust with repashy calcium plus at every feeding, then leaving a dish of calcium inside the tank. Feeding your feeders fresh veggies & fruits + oats/wheat bran is good enough.

If you use mealworms/superworms, these feeders eat and poop rather quickly, so the gut-loads don't exactly change their nutritional values that much. Where as feeders like crickets and dubia roaches have longer digest tracts, so what they eat stays inside them longer. Either way, if you have access to fresh veggies & fruits, you really don't need commercial gut-loads.

Repashy calcium plus is a pretty potent all-in-one multivitamin supplement, so additional supplements are not necessary. Leaving a dish of plain calcium without D3 is purely optional, but not needed if you dust at every feeding.

Visit our friends