Hamsters

Diego:)

3 Year Member
I recently lost my chameleon bessy (today) And to fill the void I was looking at some hamsters... probably won't get them for a while but I have a hamster cage in the shed so why no look into them? I wanted a robo hamster and was wondering do they bite alot? Do they like to be handled? And are they really smelly?

Caleb C

I've never owned any hamsters, but a couple of my cousins have. I'm not sure if there are ways to prevent things like that, but all of them have said that their hamsters bite and their tanks do smell when you get closer.

Amanda1

3 Year Member
I've been around hamsters a bit, but never owned one. Some bite, some don't. I think it depends on their personality and how they've been raised, just like geckos. The bites don't hurt much. They're also pretty trainable if you put some time into it.

jenna

I have owned a few hampsters in my day. It depends on their personalities. Definatly try to hold one before you buy it see if it wants to bites you if it does dont buy it. And as for smelly cage, keep it clean and you wont have that problem. Change the bedding once a week and you wont smell anything. I have a friend that even gives hers a bath lol. I would use maby a baby shampoo or a ferret shampoo if you wanted to do something like that. But they dont smell unless you dont clean the cage. So keep them clean and no smell.

Ruby

I've had quite a few. They need about 360 inches of floor space(20 gallon long tank) to really thrive. If you get a dwarf hamster, make sure it has a very low sugar diet because they are prone to diabetes. Never bathe them unless it"s totally necessary. Don't use pine or cedar shavings, aspen is the best choice. Don't breed them unless you really know what you're doing. Hope this helped. :)

Visit our friends