Happy Dance Time!! Bob update!

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
Whew...I can breath easy now. :D Bob passed his eating test with flying colors, and took a f/t small rat. It took him all of 30 seconds to decide to eat it, with absolutely no teasing or other tricks from me. YAY!!!!! I'm so happy.

I really does amaze me to see just how much they can take down. It's quite a sight.

bob06-21-06-1.jpg

bob06-21-06-2.jpg

bob06-21-06-3.jpg

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
I really haven't been bothering him...he just happens to be near me when I'm at the computer. He got a real quick photo shoot the day I got him, one after the shed, and he got handled to take him in and out of the feeding tub today. Otherwise, he's been left alone...I've only been going into the tank to change water.

I do have a question though. He has a favorite hide...he's been in it exclusively all week (though I can see he moves around at night from the compression of the aspen). As soon as I got him back into his tank, he went straight to that hide. This hide is straddled in the middle of the tank, and I measured the temp at 83.9 today. Is that going to be ok for him for digestion?

This hide is snug (see pic)...he's always got coils sticking out the sides, and when he shifts, the hide shifts with him (LOL). The hide in the warm side is the next size up, and I never see him in that one....he just passes though. The surface temp in there is 88-89 and if he really digs down it's mid 90's. Is it too warm, and that's why he's avoiding it? Or do you think it's the hide size? I'm thinking of getting another hide that's the same size as his favorite, as he obviously feels secure in that one. Whatcha think?

bob06-21-06-4.jpg

robin

he is going where he likes it. you can try changing hide sizes but 90- is not too hot just make sure it is not above that and make sure his water is not on the warm side because if he spills it and lays on the warm side he can get burnt. i think he likes where he is at but you can try a smaller hide. they are rather shy and like nice tight fitting spots

Visit our friends