happy gecko's 15g: Temporary Housing Set-Up

happy gecko

I am hoping to get a leopard gecko shortly and have already began planning out my tank. In the future I hope to go to upgrade it to a naturalistic vivarium, but for now it's just going to be a basic tank. I still have to get the UTH, rheostat, thermometers, ect, so it is by no means finished, just thought I'd show what I already have.

breanna-banana13

is a pirate
- if you are planning on getting a young leo you may want to consider getting shallower dishes ( i honestly cant tell how tall they are, but they seem kinda high) you just want to make sure they can get to the food. even if you do plan on getting an adult that wouldnt have a problem reaching the top, since the dishes are kinda tall they are more likely to tip if a heavy gecko leans on the side
- you should grab another hide (warm, cool, humid)
- calcium dish
- make sure those rocks are not going to tumble if a leo crawls on them.
- also if you plan on feeding crickets loose in the tank they may use the rocks for hiding places
- looks good other than that. simplicity is always nice and easy to clean.
:main_thumbsup:

happy gecko

thanks for reply. I'm trying to find shallower glass dishes, those were the only ones I could find at the moment. Also, I was just going to use 2 bowls (1 for water, 1 for mealworms/calcium. Is that OK?). Yeah, fogot about the humid hide, will grab another pot. Planning on doing just mealworms.

Visit our friends