has anyone noticed this..?

got spots?

leo lover
My gecko doesnt go into any hides that are not dark. Humid hide had to be wrapped in construction paper. set up a cup and she likes it.
Are your humid hides dark?

Last edited:

oceanoasis

my original 2 adults dont seem to mind if it is atleast closed on 3 sides. they dont like the bark log. but they dont seem to mind the moist box being a little light. my new young ones only like the dark though. so i think it is just a preference and what they are used to. I try to keep the moist hide shady with some of the decorations.

SassyAbi

Mines only 3months and i think he likes the dark as he wont go in his humid and its clear plastic but he loves his dark 3/4 coconut. Maybe i shud wrap it in newspaper to make it darker.

BGalloway

They probably feel more secure in small, closed in, dark places; just think if you were a small reptile you'd be perfect snack size for so many things...although my guy will sometimes fall asleep out in the open. My humid hide is dark enough I think, its opaque at least.

B

BioWorkZ

I use translucent hide and only 3 of 5 females uses it often. Maybe it should be dark. ::shrugs::

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
I put a towel on top of their humid hides (transparent) for extra shade; I think they appreciate it.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
All my geckos have choices of more and less exposed hides. Some are always in the dark ones, some are always out in the open and some go back and forth.

Aliza

Visit our friends