Hatchling crestie babies

Nellie Rose

Hi everyone. I don't think I ever introduced myself here, but I'm Nellie and I have 28 lizards, one sulcata and one hermanns tortoise, one frog, and one 30 year old turtle, 2 dogs, 20 chickens, 3 ducks, 5 guinea hens, and one pet goose.

23 of the lizards are geckos, 12 crested geckos, 6 Leachianus geckos, 3 phelsuma grandis, one tokay gecko, and one Leopard gecko.

I just started breeding crested geckos this year, and will be pairing up my first Leachianus geckos in the spring, a pair of pure Nuu Ana leachies.

I just hatched out my first pair of crestie babies yesterday. Pictures of them and of their parents below.
I just want to make sure I'm on the right track with them.

I put them in large deli containers as their first enclosures, on paper towels with a little bit of moss, some fake foliage to hide in, a shallow water cup, and some pangea dabbed on the leaves so they hopefully find the food on their own. I'll move them into small shoebins once I can see that they are eating and pooping.

I've got humidity around 70% right now, temperature around 75-78F. I'll offer some crickets in a day or two. Both are shedding their skin.

Here are some pictures of the pair.
They had a 67 day incubation. I was really hoping they'd go longer, but I incubated at room temperature, which was probably averaging 78F, so I'm going to invest in an incubator with a cooling function since the reptile room gets pretty hot during the summer.

This clutch was a suprise. A female I purchased laid them only 2 weeks after she arrived. I also purchased the male she was paired with prior. Both are beautiful geckos, and their babies look completely different! I know they'll change as they grow, I'm excited to see how they turn out.

I just want to make sure I'm caring for them correctly. I figure I'll try and spoon feed them some mrp tomorrow and see if they're interested, then start feeding some dusted insects.

Anyway, here are the pictures, and I'll grab some pictures of the cups later.
Here are the parents
Dam: Sunflower
Screenshot_20230917_204227_Chrome.jpg
Sire: Canoli
Screenshot_20230917_204236_Chrome.jpg
Here is baby #1 Iris
20231210_213843.jpg 20231210_213641.jpg 20231210_213658.jpg 20231210_213707.jpg
And here is baby #2 Lily
20231210_214314.jpg 20231210_214127.jpg 20231210_214145.jpg 20231210_214255.jpg

Hi everyone. I don't think I ever introduced myself here, but I'm Nellie and I have 28 lizards, one sulcata and one hermanns tortoise, one frog, and one 30 year old turtle, 2 dogs, 20 chickens, 3 ducks, 5 guinea hens, and one pet goose.

23 of the lizards are geckos, 12 crested geckos, 6 Leachianus geckos, 3 phelsuma grandis, one tokay gecko, and one Leopard gecko.

I just started breeding crested geckos this year, and will be pairing up my first Leachianus geckos in the spring, a pair of pure Nuu Ana leachies.

I just hatched out my first pair of crestie babies yesterday. Pictures of them and of their parents below.
I just want to make sure I'm on the right track with them.

I put them in large deli containers as their first enclosures, on paper towels with a little bit of moss, some fake foliage to hide in, a shallow water cup, and some pangea dabbed on the leaves so they hopefully find the food on their own. I'll move them into small shoebins once I can see that they are eating and pooping.

I've got humidity around 70% right now, temperature around 75-78F. I'll offer some crickets in a day or two. Both are shedding their skin.

Here are some pictures of the pair.
They had a 67 day incubation. I was really hoping they'd go longer, but I incubated at room temperature, which was probably averaging 78F, so I'm going to invest in an incubator with a cooling function since the reptile room gets pretty hot during the summer.

This clutch was a suprise. A female I purchased laid them only 2 weeks after she arrived. I also purchased the male she was paired with prior. Both are beautiful geckos, and their babies look completely different! I know they'll change as they grow, I'm excited to see how they turn out.

I just want to make sure I'm caring for them correctly. I figure I'll try and spoon feed them some mrp tomorrow and see if they're interested, then start feeding some dusted insects.

Anyway, here are the pictures, and I'll grab some pictures of the cups later.
Here are the parents
Dam: Sunflower
View attachment 82250
Sire: Canoli
View attachment 82251
Here is baby #1 Iris
View attachment 82255 View attachment 82252 View attachment 82253 View attachment 82254
And here is baby #2 Lily
View attachment 82259 View attachment 82256 View attachment 82257 View attachment 82258
Oh hi, I recognized the beautiful parents right away and went like: "Oh wait, you are that person from the "Our Reptile Forum"!" Nice of you to join us!

Nellie Rose

Oh hi, I recognized the beautiful parents right away and went like: "Oh wait, you are that person from the "Our Reptile Forum"!" Nice of you to join us!
Hi! Yup that's me. Thought more people may have experience with hatchlings over here, although so far they are doing good! Don't know if they're eating yet but they're both very alert so if not it'll hopefully not be long.

And thank you I love their parents. Don't they look different!?

Hi! Yup that's me. Thought more people may have experience with hatchlings over here, although so far they are doing good! Don't know if they're eating yet but they're both very alert so if not it'll hopefully not be long.

And thank you I love their parents. Don't they look different!?
They do!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I expect they'll lighten up as they mature. I had 1 season of breeding crested geckos before everyone got diagnosed with crypto and I had to stop breeding. I went right to the shoebox sized plastic container with a hide, a perch at 45 degree angle and a food and water bowl, but starting in the deli cup sounds like a good idea.

Aliza

I expect they'll lighten up as they mature. I had 1 season of breeding crested geckos before everyone got diagnosed with crypto and I had to stop breeding. I went right to the shoebox sized plastic container with a hide, a perch at 45 degree angle and a food and water bowl, but starting in the deli cup sounds like a good idea.

Aliza
Crypto? Like the currency?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Yes, it's a drag, but it's been almost 7 years now and while I occasionally have one get a flare-up and die, for the most part my geckos are healthy. It's just not ethical for me to breed them anymore because the offspring will likely be positive,

Aliza

Visit our friends