Hatchling lepoard gecko not doing well. Looking for advice

TartanLass211

I have two hatchling Geckos they are now 10days old. One is doing really well eating and shedding. However I'm worried about the second as she hasn't had her first shed or eaten anything yet. She is very dark in colour, sleepy and not active like the other. I'm not an experienced gecko breeder and I'm looking for advice. Is there anything I can do to help nurse her along a bit? I'm registered with a reptile vet and take my adults there for regular checks but I'm not sure if the hatchling is too small to cope with the stress of going to the vets? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Congratulations on your hatchlings. Some hatchlings just don't do well and don't survive. Others have a slower start. Here are some general suggestions:
--keep it separate if you're not already doing that
--keep it well hydrated. If it's not moving too much, place it in the moist hide and spray it daily
--call your vet and explain what's going on. See if the vet thinks it should be seen
--check regularly for any kind of droppings and if there's nothing, consult with the vet
--you could try gently poking a small mealworm in the gecko's mouth while you hold it in your other hand. It may or may not take it, but it's a start.

Good luck with it.

ALiza

Visit our friends