Hatchlings and Supplements?

TwistedTruth

I've always adopted "older" adult leos, today I bought a hatchling.
Unfortunately, all the information I had compiled and printed into a binder is an hour and a half drive to my parents place, since it amazingly didn't get packed when I moved...

So, I've been reading and trying to think of the recommended supplementation schedule for a baby/hatchling leo.
I read things about one a week, twice a week, but...
Calcium with D3? How about without it? Vitamins are a "once a month" thing for an adult, how about a baby?

Sorry, I guess I need this in complete black-and-white, can't screw up the interpretation of this, type of message. I just really don't want them to suffer as an adult because I was too proud to ask for it plainly.
Sorry if this is an inconvenience, I tried using the search, but I guess what I was finding just wasn't plain enough for me. And yes, I read all the care sheets on this forum and whatever else google provided me.

Pinky81

Never be afriad to ask questions! A young Leo needs calcium available at all times because of the rate of growth it goes through! So a cap in the tank, i personally use a little feeding bowl, with calcium in it. Your young Leo will lick up the calcium as it needs it. I use Repashy Vitamin powder to dust my crickets everyother day.

My two are more or less heading into full grown adults so as a baby/juvenille I use to alternate my vitamin powder and calcium powder everyother day.

Here is where you'll find different ideas....Calcium only or Calcium +D?? I'll be honest I have only used the calcium +D...in the Tank and out. Have not had any issues. But there is some concern over Vit D over load.

neither of my Leos have calcium pockets behind their front legs either, or any signs of MBD.

Visit our friends