Health problem.

Angi

3 Year Member
I will start with a little back ground. Lily was given to me by a lady who was getting devorce and her son was tired of her. Her was kept too dry and had a problem with sheds. She sheds a couple times a week and it take awhile for the skin to come off and gets stuck around her face and fingers. Recently she is having a hard time opening her eyes and she is not eating. I have even tried fo force food in her mouth. I have been soaking her and drizzling water in her mouth. Advice please. Don't say take her to a vet, my husband would kill me. He didn't want me to take her. I do have another gecko I raise from a baby abd she is very healthy.

Apocalypse910

3 Year Member
Don't force food in her mouth, that can cause some serious problems. If she won't take anything else start with small amounts of repta-aid/repta-boost. You can find it at most pet stores.That will help you get some nutrition into her while you figure out what is going on. You can also try offering decapitate superworms or mealworms. I've found that some lizards, especially those with sight issues respond more readily when the worm is cut up as they can smell it more easily.
Soaking her is good and will help prevent dehydration.

There aren't really enough details to figure out what is going on- can you post some info about your setup, temps, diet, supplements etc? How long have you had her? How is her weight?

The frequency of her sheds is odd - does she have any injuries that you can see. Also is there any yellowish buildup in her eyes or are they clear?

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
I agree that she is shedding too often. I'd make sure her damp hide is really warm and wet, too. Make sure to get all the skin off her face, eyes and toes, as that will just get worse with each shed. I'm not as worried about the non-eating, since they eat their sheds they often don't want any food right away 'cause their belly is full. And they can go several days without food. Unless she is very thin, I'd let her alone, and not stress her out with food. Get the shedding under control first.

Send us some pictures!

Visit our friends