Heartbroken, Freak, FREAK Accident.... R.I.P

Leopard.Geckerz

I know this should be in the memorial page.. but I just need to share it with the most people I can...

Out of eleven geckos, it's easy to lose track of favourites and individual personalities sometimes, but I think we can all agree that some stand out more than others. One of these geckos was my normal (extremely normal, very spotted, worth next to nothing I am sure) female named Lullabelle... affectionately nicknamed Spotty. Spotty was a tough, unique little gecko who escaped her tank 3 times.... 6 months, 4 months, and one time just a week where we found her hissing and screaming at my dog....

I have very secure enclosures since all those escapes..... Converted bookshelf, no need to explain it now.. I don't even know HOW it happened... the front of the cages are plexi glass that sit in holders... if that makes sense.... The front of her cage is pushed in/dented as though the cat jumped at it and pushed it in...

I was about to go to bed when I heard my mom scream... there was a gecko tail on the stairs. Running, I immediately recognized it as Spotty's. The fattest tail on any of my geckos... My heart sank. Inside my room, I braed myself for the worst, which is what I found. There she was. Blood all over the floor. The cat took off. At first I thought it was just her tail... and then realized her entire abdomen had been sliced open. I knew there was nothing we could do. I was shocked she was still breathing. We immediately rushed her to the emergency vet clinic, speeding, where we had her euthanized. They gassed her to numb her/put her to sleep before they injected her. I don't know what the norm is for euthing reptiles, but I couldn't bring myself to put her in the freezer and I couldn't wait for a reptile specific vet in the morning...

I can't believe she is gone. She was truly my favourite gecko.

snakegirl

Am so sorry to hear about Spotty...Sadly i had one of my reptiles put down the same way, the best way is that they will gas them (it just makes them fall asleep) so they feel no pain what so ever and as there asleep they put them down with Injection. you did the right thing. and once again am sorry. ) :

Lala

Im sooo sorry to hear this! Some people may think its only a lizard, but i dont care what they say or think, i know i for one get attached to any animal i have no matter how small or big!! i guess this is maybe why my mum wont let me take me gecko home yet, we have 2 dogs that are like ninjas, so she stays at my boyfriends house.

im really sorry to hear this and i hope spotty scared the crap out of your cat so he wont try this again!!!

*hugs*

Samantha

Omg I'm so sry for ur loss other then that I don't think we wil say anything that will help. That's the hard part of being animal owners we have to live in the good and bad times with our pets and do what's best for them. u did the right thing

Visit our friends