Heating a tub?

phoenixgecko

Hi, I've seen a lot of info on setting up racks, but I wasn't confident on how I would go about setting up one tub for the heat? I would use a Sterilite tub. From my understanding the heat mat sticks to the tub, then I would set it on a piece of wood one side and a piece of wood on the other side to allow airflow and keep it off the table and connect the mat to a thermostat. Is this correct? Also if there are any recommendations for heat mats that are good for this set up? My reason to use a tub is I think it will hold better humidity than a tank. Where I live it is often less than 20% humidity outside!!
Thanks for your input!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If you're talking about leopard geckos, low humidity isn't a problem. Otherwise, I'd recommend you use ZooMed heat cable so you can move the cable if you want (it's not adhesive like heat mats. Use Nashua tape to attach it). Be sure to get a thermostat so it doesn't get too hot on the plastic. Attach whatever you're using to the bottom of the tub, just like you do for any other enclosure, plug the cable/mat into the thermostat and the thermostat into the wall. Put the thermostat probe on the bottom of the tub.

Aliza

Visit our friends