Heating mats

mantaray

Has anyone had any experience with brew belts? I'm having some temperature issues and ought about to use a brew belt but now I'm thinking a reptile heat mat would give a bigger surface area to give off heat. I've thought about a ferm wrap but can't seem to find any outside of the US site, recon a reptile heat mat could be used in the same way?

Last edited:

mantaray

Has anyone had any experience with brew belts? I'm having some temperature issues and ought about use a brew belt but now I'm thinking a reptile heat mat would give a bigger surface area to give off heat. I've thought about a ferm wrap but can't seem to find any outside of the US, recon a reptile heat mat could be used in the same way?
thanks in advance for any help

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have no experience with a brew belt and had to look it up to see what it was. I don't think it will provide a wide enough heat area based on what I've seen. If you can get ZooMed products in your country, I'd recommend their heat cable. It's a rubberized cable that you attach to the outside bottom of the cage with sticky tape. It can be reinstalled easily as opposed to the heat mats that are no good once you pull them off the cage.

Aliza

Visit our friends