Heating

Monkeys563

So I've done a lot of research on crested geckos within the past couple months and decided on getting one. So he's set up in an exoterra terrarium with some fake plants and a climby thingy. However I can't get the temps right already. My room averages between 73 and 80 throught the day depending on outside temp so I really don't need to give him any extra heat but he does need light so the little guy isn't always sitting in the dark, so I put just a regular house bulb in for him it's one of the spirally kinds but it's raising the temp too much. Is there an inexpensive bulb that produces less heat? There's lights in in the room all day but it doesn't light his cage at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Technically he doesn't need light as long as there is some daylight in the room because he's nocturnal and he's sleeping all day. If you really want a light with no heat, look for LED's which put out light without heat.

Aliza

firedupcresty

your write but if you don't want him sitting In the dark a UVB bulb from exo terra works great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keagan

I have 2 leopard geckos and 1 crested, I have no additional lighting for the crested, I simply use the lighting from the leos (since they're so close) and that seems to be enough to give light to him. However in reality virtually nothing additional is needed for a crested!

Visit our friends