HELLLLP!

Tiera Allen

Athena is 3 years old she just had one clutch yesterday my husband and I did everything by the book. We weren't expecting eggs so early, the problem is her sister Isis is also pregnant she got into our container (I know she wants to lay hers in there) at first she was mindful of the other egg until I looked this morning she had literally rolled it all the way over making our mark face the ground... Did she kill my baby or is there still a chance that the egg can make it??? Also is it normal for a female to have two clutches yet lay them on separate days???

Caleb C

I don't think they'd care about other eggs, they will dig around, then lay. You can try flipping it back into the normal position and hope for the best. It depends on how long the egg has been flipped. I'm not sure about two clutches, but did she lay two eggs, twice?

Tiera Allen

So new to this can't you tell??? The egg is pretty soft still so no it didn't make it, but my other female is pregnant and waiting on her to pop her belly is so big! The other female that laid the first egg my question was is it normal to lay eggs on separate days when the eggs inside where about the same size.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have occasionally had the second egg of a clutch laid a day (or even more) later, though it doesn't happen that often. It sounds as if you marked the first egg and then left it in the lay box? Am I getting that right? If so, it's a better idea to put the egg immediately into the incubator. First eggs are frequently not fertile. I have that issue every season even with some of my proven breeders. Good luck with the eggs.

Aliza

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Exciting times! Congrats on the eggs. Hope everything turns out OK! Keep us posted!

Tiera Allen

We had to leave it in the lay box because we had no idea that they were even pregnant so we bought the incubator things that day it didn't make it because it's "aunt" decided to roll it over and it drowned... But the "aunt" is pregnant and due any day now I feel so bad for her she's got this big ole belly and wobbling haha!

Visit our friends