Hello from Carrot and Andy

AndyBunn

Hi I am Andy and new to keeping Leopard Geckos. I got Carrot last Saturday and Carrot is fab.

I have had various pets in my life such as mice, rats, fish and cats. Several years ago I started keeping various phasmid spices. Then I bought a Lasiodora parahybana spiderling, Del toro who is now three. Recently I got a albopilosum Tliltocatl spiderling from my wife.

I love all animals and love my lot.
This is the set up for Carrot. I'm using leo-life Substrate, ceramic heat bulb with thermostat, UVB light 10 hrs per day, using three hides, hot, cold and humidity. I'm feeding Carrot 2 of locusts and crickets and 4 mealworms a day and using calci dust etc.This is the set up for Carrot. I'm using leo-life Substrate, ceramic heat bulb with thermostat, UVB light 10 hrs per day, using three hides, hot, cold and humidity. I'm feeding Carrot 2 of locusts and crickets and 4 mealworms a day and using calci dust etc.

I hope to chat to you all and learn more and more about Geckos.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome to you and Carrot. Looks like a lovely gecko. It would be great to see a picture of the gecko from above so we can see all the beautiful coloring.

Aliza

AndyBunn

Well I didn't know that. I've seen some pictures were the Geckos patterns have changed. Is this just from hatchling to juvenile m? Will Carrot stay as is? Thanks Aliza.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Most leopard geckos hatch black and yellow banded. In their first few months, the black bands break up and the spots migrate all over the body (that's why a "normal" leopard gecko is black spotted on a yellow background). Sometimes all or nearly all of the spots disappear. Most likely your gecko is done changing, but on occasion more spotting does occur later on.

Aliza

AndyBunn

Most leopard geckos hatch black and yellow banded. In their first few months, the black bands break up and the spots migrate all over the body (that's why a "normal" leopard gecko is black spotted on a yellow background). Sometimes all or nearly all of the spots disappear. Most likely your gecko is done changing, but on occasion more spotting does occur later on.

Aliza
Thank you Aliza. I learn and learn from you. The World of gecko is wonderful

Visit our friends