Hello from Indiana !

jMarie0510

Hey, my name is Jessica, and I am going to be getting my first geckos in September at my local reptile show. At least I hope, lol. Looking to get to leopards. Fred and Wilma, lol. Any tips and advice would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome to the forums. When you get Fred and Wilma, keep them separate for now so they don't breed before you're ready.

Aliza

jMarie0510

I'm hoping to start with babies, how old r they when they start breeding? I won't be ready for all that right away, but will keep them separate. Or just get two females and name one Fred anyways, lol. Would two females be ok together?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Breeding should happen at a minimum at 9 months (older is better) and 50 grams. They will start earlier (too early for health) if you keep a M and F together. Two females may be OK together. Mine do fine in small groups but there are geckos that really need to live by themselves because they don't get along with others. If you get your geckos from 2 different vendors at the show(s) you'll need to keep them separate for a month of quarantine.

Aliza

jMarie0510

Thanks for the advice! I have a friend who has then, so she is helping too! I want to be prepared before I bring them home. I want my babies to be happy healthy and comfortable! And I want them to love me, I figure if their comfortable that will happen sooner than later!

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for joining GeckoTalk!

Star1

Some females are fine together as long as they're close to the same size. I've got one who lived with another female since before I even got her and she suddenly became aggressive towards the other gecko so you should always have an extra set up in case you need to separate them. She's a total sweetheart with people but for some reason she doesn't like other geckos anymore.

Visit our friends