Hello from Loxahatchee, FL.

got2envy

Hi! I am new to the Leopard gecko scene, I do have 4 fire bellied toads..I have been lurking for a few months became a member a few weeks ago and am the proud owner of 2 geckos as of last week..they are still getting used to there home, I have a 20L with repti carpet and a UTH a warm hide, a cool hide a shed hide with moss and a water and calcium dish they eat dusted crickets and mealies..here is one of the geckos..I believe they are to small to sex but, I call this one Leeloo and the other one Mooshu..don't have a pic of Mooshu yet :D

leeloo.jpg

Thanks!

Maria

malt_geckos

Don't Say It's Impossible
Very nice!!!!!

We are in Central Florida! There's a show in Tampa this weekend. It would be awesome if you can come and we can meet you. A lot of people on here will be there. Glad you found geckoforums!

malt_geckos

Welcome to Geckoforums!

Loxahatchee eh? Thats down near Dan "The Fireman" Lubinski and Mike "I wish I could be half as cool as Dan" Rekowski(hahaha I hope he sees this). Your in a good area to be into leos lol. We are about an hour and a half to two hours north of you. In the Cocoa/Titusville area.

Matt

got2envy

Thanks guys! the FBT's love the terrarium..it's good to meet so many nice people! and it is also great to know that there are people that know geckos close by :main_cool3: as for the reptile show..I don't know if I can make it..I work retail haha Thanks again!

oh what morph is Leeloo? can anyone tell?

malt_geckos

Leeloo looks like a Hypo Tangerine to me. You can post his/her picture in the morphs and genetics section on here to get more opinions.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Welcome to GeckoForums.net, Maria!!! Your FBT enclosure is great! LeeLoo looks like a tangerine, possibly a hypo-tangerine... and I think it might be old/big enough to sex ;)

got2envy

Hey thanks..i will take a better lookey look :main_robin: tonight when I get home..just looked at a couple of the breeder websites here in FL. very cool! :main_thumbsup:

Last edited:

got2envy

so much for the lookey look lol leeloo is in shed mode and cranky :main_laugh: I went to spray the shed hide and I heard a hiss :main_rolleyes: Mooshu has not shed that I know of..

got2envy

Ok here are the pics I promised..sorry for the glare..i tried my best..there is a big window right infront of the enclosure..also just bought them a heat lamp woth adjustable controls..50watt bulb..Leeloo loves it and Mooshu is in the shed hide..I also took a few pics with the magnet off of the Reptile den..they love it in there ;)

with the magnet on rep den
P1010002-5.jpg

without
P1010019-1.jpg

corner shot
P1010017-1.jpg

long shot..u can see the lamo fixture box i bought 2day Arizona
P1010006-3.jpg

up shot..u can see lamp and thermometer
P1010007-5.jpg

whats all the ruckus? I'm tired..haha
P1010003-5.jpg

a peek a boo pic of leeloo..woken up to all the loud noise :headshake2:
P1010004-6.jpg

malt_geckos

awesome tank! The only thing I would have to say is that I recommend using belly heat rather than a lamp. If you are going to use a lamp, get a red bulb. Leos are nochturnal and the white light can stress them out. Other than that, you've got everything looking great! If they are together, make sure they are both females. A male won't hesitate to breed a young female, and two males can fight and cause damage to each other. Good luck! Hope that helps a bit. Hopefully you can look at our site soon. :D It should be going soon....

got2envy

Thanks guys! I do have a UTH but I thought I would give them a basking light, I liked the fixture because it has a control for dimming, ..Leeloo seems to like it and has been lying inbetween the driftwood and hot hide all day..I do have a red light but it's an LED, I don't know the sex of em' yet I want to sex them but Leeloo was sheding the other night and now mooshu is hanging out in the shed hide so i will wait till they are more settled in before doing the flipping over

the frogs love the paludarium and bark all day ;)

Last edited:

Visit our friends