Hello from Mansfield Nottinghmashire

Laura1412

Thank you why has our forum crashed :-( I miss everyone n talking to people iv got loads of pets like animal farm at my place lol got Clyde spyro elvis the cat tropical fish and pond fish and on occasions my nephews bearded dragon frankie :)

Tidgy's Dad

I don't know the reason for the crash, but Josh, the Boss, owner and administrator says it's a serious technical problem.
It has happened before, he's very competent and i am sure he will fix it soon. :)

Laura1412

That's ok then bless him I thought I'd lost you all when could not get on iv just seen your picture of tidgy in chilly dark chamber bless her she's lovely :)

Laura1412

Thanks. :)
I thought I'd posted you pictures of Tidgy on the TFO ?.
Yea u did she is lovely I like to c diffrent pictures of torties I'm also happy I found u people in here coz if I need any info about Clyde as it's still a learning process I can still get some help :)

Tidgy's Dad

Yea u did she is lovely I like to c diffrent pictures of torties I'm also happy I found u people in here coz if I need any info about Clyde as it's still a learning process I can still get some help :)
Yup, I created our Chilly Dark Chamber as a refuge for my friends and i, but also it's great that we can still help people who have questions about their torts. :)
Some of the most helpful and regular posters on Tortoise Forum are here.

Laura1412

That's good to no I tried today pouring water into clydes substrate like u suggested instead of misting it im hopin he will be ok the humidity went upto 82% but after a few hours down to around 56% my enclosure temp was 29.9 c and my basking was around 35c having my rock sat there 30 mins and using temp gun so hopefully it was warm n damp so hopin to get no probs from it I may not av put enough water in as with it bein the first time I don't want to over due it however the top is back to bein dry now so fingers crossed he will be ok coz as soon as I poured water in n mixed it up he dug into it around near his lamp and was laid a good 2 hours in it :-/

Laura1412

Do u no the top of it tho before mine was just like dust bone dry that's y I had a go at putting water in how often do u put water into yours or shall I just leave it until humidity goes back down to 40 again wen do I no to do it again

Tidgy's Dad

Do u no the top of it tho before mine was just like dust bone dry that's y I had a go at putting water in how often do u put water into yours or shall I just leave it until humidity goes back down to 40 again wen do I no to do it again
Just check with your hand that it's slightly moist.
Russians don't need high moisture or humidity, except a nice humid hide, it's just good for him to dig in.
It's not the same for me here.
This is Morocco and our ambient temps and humidity are very different to yours.

Laura1412

Ok I'll c how he is tomorrow hopefully iv done it ok I wasn't wet like u could ring water out I dint put lots of water in just hopin I done it ok :-(

Laura1412

Well it's evening now n his lights are off he is in his hide box so I'll get up morning n check um but wen I it in today the temp in the enclosure was 29.9 middle cold 25 n under basking on substrat surface temp was 32 then longer it was hot went upto 35c

Visit our friends