Hello from S.E Florida

Tidgy's Dad

So. Fla. Is funky lizard central
Other than the geckos we only get Spanish Wall Lizards.
Podarcis+hisp+%25286%2529+copy.jpg

But they're lovely.:G::)

ZEROPILOT

Most of our lizards are from the pet trade.
They were released and survived in our climate.
I posted a photo a while ago that looked just like your lizard living in my Staghorn fern.

ZEROPILOT

I've read about all the iguanas in Florida. That's why I mentioned the weather a few posts back. Wondering if you'd had a die off.
They don't actually directly die of the cold. I mean it doesn't actually freeze.
When it's cold, they shut down and after being shut down for several days or a week or even longer, they die from other issues.
A few years ago, they died by the hundreds of thousands.
There are still a lot left, but few have reached that old 6 foot size.

Yvonne G

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I'm back. Hope you were able to wait for me. Br-r-r-r-r-r-r!!!! It's cold out there. It's about 30F outside, and with the panel missing in the roof, but the sun shining on the greenhouse, it's 55F in there. But with the panel in place and the sun shining on the GH, it would be more like about 75F.

greenhouse 2-24-27 a.jpg

See how tall it is? I don't understand why it needs to be so tall. That's a 6' fence it's next too. I was too lazy to walk around to the gate, so had to take a picture of the roof from inside:

greenhouse 2-14-17 b.jpg

The night house:

greenhouse 2-24-17 c.jpg

And what's inside the night house:

greenhouse 2-24-27 d.jpg

Tidgy's Dad

Ok, I'm back. Hope you were able to wait for me. Br-r-r-r-r-r-r!!!! It's cold out there. It's about 30F outside, and with the panel missing in the roof, but the sun shining on the greenhouse, it's 55F in there. But with the panel in place and the sun shining on the GH, it would be more like about 75F.

View attachment 2884

See how tall it is? I don't understand why it needs to be so tall. That's a 6' fence it's next too. I was too lazy to walk around to the gate, so had to take a picture of the roof from inside:

View attachment 2886

The night house:

View attachment 2883

And what's inside the night house:

View attachment 2885
Beautiful torts !:)
Silly hatchling;)

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have an anole that arrived in MA this past September in a bunch of ornamental grasses from FL. He's adjusted well to life in a viv and hot and cold running crickets.

Aliza

Yvonne G

Administrator
Staff member
I have an anole that arrived in MA this past September in a bunch of ornamental grasses from FL. He's adjusted well to life in a viv and hot and cold running crickets.

Aliza

He's lucky to have made it there alive. Something similar to that is always one of my fears - that I'll find some sort of large spider in the banana bunches I buy. UGH!

Visit our friends