Hello from Seattle.

E

edwing206

Hey everybody. My name is Luis and I've been keeping leopard geckos since Sunday.:D
I read about them a lot of in the past but never really pulled the trigger and set anything up until Sunday. I picked up two leopards from a local who had too many pets and needed to find a good home. Here are some pictures, I don't have any fancy leopards at the moment. I might get some really cool ones later on. I have 3 so far.

DSC_0249.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0243-1.jpg

E

edwing206

Thanks. I know that sand is very bad for geckos if they eat it. The first gecko pictured ate some sand yesterday but has not eaten any today. Should I change the substrate to bark?

T

tronicsman

Welcome! change the substrate to Tile, Paper towels, no loose substrates are recomended at all you could also use reptile carpet

E

edwing206

Thanks everybody. And special thanks to Jesse for the help he's been giving me though LOTS and LOTS of PM's.:main_laugh:

Lecko my Gecko

welcome!! I agree with everyone on the sand. one substrate you can use with out harm is aspen, if you want something that isnt bare looking. Ive been using it on leopards since my first pair over 15 yrs ago with no problems. paper towel is the easiest though. good luck

Visit our friends