Hello!

Gabe1289

Hi, I have one leopard gecko named Comet who is few months old. This isn’t really important but I was told he was an albino lecustic, but of what I’ve seen from other geckos he looks more like a snow or something. Would someone mind putting their opinion on his morph?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
There's no way to know if he's a snow unless you (or someone else) can report what he looked like as a hatchling. Albino snows hatch beige and white instead of beige and yellow. Most of them get yellower as they mature, which is why it's hard to tell with an older gecko. If this one is only a few months old and is as yellow as it is, I doubt it's a snow.
I don't think the term "leucistic" is that useful in describing leopard gecko morphs. I even googled it and also checked out leopardgeckowiki.com and didn't come up with anything. It's albino or it's not. Could that mean that it's a blizzard? It's hard to tell whether the tail is really white or whether it has faded beige markings. If it's white, it's probably a blizzard and otherwise it's not.

Aliza

Gabe1289

There's no way to know if he's a snow unless you (or someone else) can report what he looked like as a hatchling. Albino snows hatch beige and white instead of beige and yellow. Most of them get yellower as they mature, which is why it's hard to tell with an older gecko. If this one is only a few months old and is as yellow as it is, I doubt it's a snow.
I don't think the term "leucistic" is that useful in describing leopard gecko morphs. I even googled it and also checked out leopardgeckowiki.com and didn't come up with anything. It's albino or it's not. Could that mean that it's a blizzard? It's hard to tell whether the tail is really white or whether it has faded beige markings. If it's white, it's probably a blizzard and otherwise it's not.

Aliza
Thanks for the input! He looked like this as of like one month old btw

Attachments

• 25E84BD3-6EC2-4875-98DD-C7D6AC946775.jpeg
    25E84BD3-6EC2-4875-98DD-C7D6AC946775.jpeg
    265.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 06A1A674-8467-4304-9C5B-C39D6B14FFF0.jpeg
    06A1A674-8467-4304-9C5B-C39D6B14FFF0.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I think he's too yellow to have been a snow. As far as I can see, it's probably a super hypo (no body spots) albino which some people call a sun glow or a hybino. It also has the stripe gene. The beige markings form a broken stripe that runs from shoulder to tail instead of side to side.

Aliza

Visit our friends