HELP! Male leo is really aggressive now!

C

carissa642

My male used to be the nicest thing ever! I put him to breed with my female and started noticing that she was biting him back and he was getting a little too aggressive. So I took her out for a day and put her back in the next day when I went to check on them I saw a huge chunk taken out of her side! I obviously seperated them. Then when my boyfriend opened his cage two days later he attacked his hand! He bit his finger sooooo hard! What's going on!?!?

ks7777

Oh my post pictures of the female is she ok? As for the male I think you should keep them seprate hes being to aggersive.

roger

My male used to be the nicest thing ever! I put him to breed with my female and started noticing that she was biting him back and he was getting a little too aggressive. So I took her out for a day and put her back in the next day when I went to check on them I saw a huge chunk taken out of her side! I obviously seperated them. Then when my boyfriend opened his cage two days later he attacked his hand! He bit his finger sooooo hard! What's going on!?!?

sounds like the problem was she wasnt ovulating and fought back.If shes ovulating she would have lied still and accepted him.I wouldnt have thrown her back in the next time unless I saw that pink spot of ovulation

fl_orchidslave

One of my fems is aggressive, and if she isn't ovulating, someone would possibly be injured. It would be irresponsible to keep a male with her until she's ready. So she's checked daily for that lovely pink spot.

sausage

BSc AMAS
i have found that pet geckos that are then used as breeding stock do go through dramatic changes in temperament, no longer the cute cuddly friend but to a surviver kind of thing. but this is all hormones and will go back to normal if seperated for long time

Visit our friends