HELP ON SIMPLE GENETICS PLEASE

sassychapstck

Hi can someone help. This will be my first season breeding and I just want to know what I'll get.
Lavender mack snow poss giant (male) x hypo tangerine (female)
Lavender mack snow poss giant (male) x bell albino (female)

Please please someone help me out really soon.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Some of the offspring will be Mack snow. The ones that come from the bell albino will be het for albino (they'll have a gene for it but won't look albino or be albino). If the male is a giant, some of the babies will be giants. Some of them will have fewer spots and be more orange colored. Most of them will probably have a lavender look as the baby black bands fade, but you won't truly be able to call them lavender until they are adults and still look lavender.

I'm happy to help you out, but I do feel strongly that if someone is planning to breed, they really need to be able to figure this stuff out for themselves. I consider it as much a part of breeding as having the proper incubator. There's a lot of help online, including:
theleopardgeckowiki.com
reptilecalculator.com

Also, an article I wrote for Gecko Time:
http://www.geckotime.com/leopard-gecko-genetics-and-hets/

Good luck with your season

Aliza

denis.neil

It cost 4.99 to buy in the App Store but well worth the 5$ it works great has helped me finding out some difficult crosses that can come out of breeding 2 types of Leo's

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
You can also access it through the website, but I've found it really helpful to have it on the phone, not so much to actually calculate the breeding outcomes (a decent understanding of gecko genetics does the trick just as well) but to keep track of all the new names for multi-morph combinations. Be aware that it (of necessity) does not include polygenetic traits.

Aliza

Visit our friends