Help please?

Gecko Boy

Hi Everyone,

I am going to buy a hova bato-HOVA-BATOR Model # 1602N. I know OG has one but my question is how would I convert the tempreture control they have to a thermostat. I saw pictures on how you change the tempreture. But I want to make it digital so it is easier to monitor and control the average tmepreture.

Thanks,

David:D

ajveachster

I believe you should be able to buy a herpstat and plug the incubator into that. You would place the probe from the herpstat inside the hovabator to regulate the temp.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
That's right. You need to get a proportional thermostat like a herpstat. This thermostat will then control the incubator. If you get a proportional thermostat that doesn't have a digital read-out, you'll also need to get a digital thermometer with a probe, put that probe next to the thermostat probe and check your temperatures that way. The purpose of the proportional thermostat is not really to show you the temperature digitally; you can do that with a digital thermometer. It is to better control the temperature in your hobovator since the thermostat it comes with does not do such a good job.

Aliza

Visit our friends