Help with morph

stellascura420

I'm totally useless when it comes to morphs, anybody know what she is? She's in shed but she's usually bright yellow.

006.jpg

Clink

Aspiring Hobby Breeder
My large tangerine male looks just like that.
I would say tangerine, or if she is more yellow when she's done shedding (that would be the pic to post) I might say high yellow. But that picture looks like tangerine.
If more spots disappear on him I would say hypo.

Wandering Paddle

it's a hypo.... morphs aren't something you can argue about. When people go around arguing "normal" , "high yellow", tangerine it makes me think they don't really know. A high yellow and a normal are basically the same thing. this gecko has reduced black spotting, thus it is hypomelanistic, Aka hypo

Sunrise Reptile

SunriseReptile.com
it's a hypo.... morphs aren't something you can argue about. When people go around arguing "normal" , "high yellow", tangerine it makes me think they don't really know.

And so here you are arguing. Do you know? :main_robin:

leopardgeckowiki.com said:
Hypomelanistic or Hypo refers to Leopard Geckos which exhibit reduced melamine or black coloring. The general rule for to make a Hypo rather than a High Yellow is 10 or less spots on the back of the gecko. If the gecko has no black and all yellow, it would be considered a Super Hypo.

To be honest, and based on the definition of Hypomelanistic above, one can argue that this is not one. The picture indicates to me that it was banded when it hatched. For me, it's a Tang in shed.

Last edited:

Clink

Aspiring Hobby Breeder
when I refer to a high yellow, I typically say "high yellow normal" because that's what it is. And if it's in shed, the spots would be 'reduced' as well. Probably, as I said, once it sheds, another picture should be taken to see for sure what color it is. It has less than normal spots, but it still has spotting on its body.
High yellow normal or tangerine, depending on what it looks like when it's done shedding.
IMO.

Visit our friends