Help with my Terrarium Please Humidity

RangerRick

have a 12X12X18 Exo terra. I am using a 50W blue bulb and a 26 Watt UVB. I have a Exo terra Monsoon Solo on it pushing 2 minutes of water every 6 hours. My temperature is right around 76 degrees BUT my humidity is around 50%-60% , even with the Monsoon. When I set up the tank I used 1/2" of river rock for the base, screen, 3" Repti Soil, 2"Moss and some dried leaves. I also added a clean up crew. ISO and Springtails

There is water in the drainage layer, too much, IMHO. What can I do to increase Humidity?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Are you keeping a crested gecko in there? The usual policy is to mist the enclosure in the evenings which will bring the humidity up and then to let it fall during the course of the day. A water dish and real plants help to hold humidity as well. I agree that there is too much water going into the enclosure. Consider misting only in the evening or evening and morning (i.e. twice in 24 hours) and don't worry about the humidity level.

Aliza

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
As said above, misting every 12 hours should be plenty. I'd ignore the relative humidity readings you're getting in general. They're not always very accurate and can vary wildly.
What're you planning on putting inside? I like plants - what kinds do you have? Sounds like a cool setup. Can you share some photos?

RangerRick

I am picking up a crested gecko on March 26th from the local Reptile Expo in Poughkeepsie NY. I have a fern, rubber tree, Pothos, a succulent and a snake plant. IMG_0964.jpg

Visit our friends