Here we go again

maverickgrl79

my thoughts exactly! so little update, We named her Dora, she got good soak and i got all the skin off her face including at least 2 sheds worth off her eyes! most of the skin off her toes. her eyes are still cloudy but i am hoping with some time and care she will be able to see. cleaned her cloaca it was full of sand and old skin ewwww, triple anti biotic the kageebers out of it. she tried to eat for me but was too weak so i fed her 1.5 cc of the repti boost (she liked it) with a syringe. this morning she ate 3 wax worms and 2 small meal worms (just molted so white and soft) from the tongs yaaaay! i do not think she can see but she can sense and smell so that is a start.she wanted more but i will wait til this evening as i do not want to get her too full she also drank from her dish and licked some calcium powder from her bowl. fingers crossed, i know she is a fighter and i told her i would do all i can as long as she is willing to fight. yes i talk to the geckos lol.

maverickgrl79

oh also forgot to tell you all, her cage was full of sand, and she had a heat rock so her belly and feet are toasted and crispy. grrrrrrrr people make me mad!

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Yowch! Poor little thing! Nice job rescuing her - you're her guardian angel. Looks like she's been through a lot but hopefully she'll be back on the right track in no time!

maverickgrl79

so update time! good news this girl is doing very well! we got her eyes open and cleared up, many layers of shed on her eyes and she can now see out of both! her private area lol is still a little swollen but no longer red or oozing puss! she looks to me like she has plumped up on her body so i would assume her tail will come next. she also shed yesterday and has great colors. i have seen her eating calcium from her bowl and she is exploring her habitat now! i took this picture today while she was hunting worms lol IMG_20130715_125941.jpg

Visit our friends