Hey Everyone!!!

R

Refused

Heres the story
Well this just got droped off to me at work today. I guess someone heard that I took in a few snakes from someone who couldnt take care of them and next thing I know I got people coming to my work to drop stuff off. The Leo came with a 20 gal long with screen top. UVB light, UVA light, heat pad, misc rocks, hide and temp guages.... I guess the person that droped it off actualy took it from some 13 year old kid that had 5. She was pet sitting for the parents and the kid, when she saw this girl it took her breath away... The tail was twig like and was not eating. There were 40 some dead crickets in the cage and a bunch of fecces. The lady took it from the kid and told the parents that this thing was close to death. Nursed it back to health,had to feed it by holding dusted crickets in front of her. Well 2 months went by and she was looking awsome, took it to a vet to have it checked out before she decided to find it a permanent home. Well done with all the talk here she is!!!
DSCN1467.jpg

DSCN1471.jpg

DSCN1486.jpg

DSCN1481.jpg

DSCN1479.jpg

This is my first Gecko but have done extensive reading on them in the past. Just figured it would be good to find a good forum where if anything unexpected came up I would have experianced owners on hand for help.
Thanks
Nate

G

geckoleo23

not liking the sand..but ver healthy leo. loks gravid to me.

R

Refused

Sand is going tomorrow. As well as the light's. The hide I will switch to something that will hold humidity, the one it came with was a plain exo-terra.
Anything eles i should switch out? and she does look great I love her allready and its only been 4 hours. I'm really happy this lady took the time and spent the money to make sure the Leo got a good home. Gravid really?, that would be a problem for me. I have no experiance with breeding geckos, just boas.
Thanks!

R

rrhill

You could make a humid hide, I think there are some tips on here somewhere. She is in really good shape...nice fat tail. What are you feeding her?
You can take a look at her belly to see if you can see eggs. If you aren't sure, snap a pic and post it in the breeding forum and ask opinions, someone will let you know if she is or isn't.
Oh yeah...welcome to geckoforums!:D

R

Refused

Med crickets, mealworms, and wax worms. Do I need to dust? I know i can gut load them and thats what I was planing on doing but I would rather hear from everyone here. The humidity hide wont be a problem, I have been researching and brain storming what im going to use. Is there a geckogirl here? She sent me here from Kingsnake chat.
Thanks Again, ill take a pic of her fat belly for you!

R

Refused

Well ill just post a few pics here. I'll dive into the breeding talk tomorrow.
She was a little upset with me, took a nice piss on my hand, it's a lot better than a 6 ft redtail.
DSCN1493.jpg

DSCN1492.jpg

DSCN1491.jpg

DSCN1490.jpg

DSCN1494.jpg

G

geckoleo23

well, it does look to be like she has eggs in there. but...I think you have a little man...I see V pores and bulges...does anyone else see them? The eggs may not be fertile anyways. alot of females will produce eggs which are un fertile. They may re-absorb them, or they may lay them, if it is indeed a female, and she does lay them, I would incubate them because you arent too sure of its past. But..I do think it is male..just a bit chunky...a broad head and neck is common for a male leo. vould you possibly get a better pic of the anal area so we can tell if it is indeed a male or female?

R

Refused

Yea ill post some more pics but it was taken to a vet before I got her and the exotic vet said it was indeed a female.

G

geckoleo23

Ok, thats cool. That may not be v pores, and one of my female has bulges. anyways. YOu should also incubate the eggs if there are any. Just to be safe, untill they mold over.

S

Sarah H

I don't think she is gravid doesit look like eggs, more like fat deposits they get back there on the sides. Females do have pores just not as defined for dark and no waxyness. I see no hempis either, looks female to me.

welcome to the forums!

G

geckosgirl

very nice collection refused, good luck with your new leopard gecko too

Visit our friends