Hey

S

Strike2

My name is Richard, live in Texas and just recently got my first leopard gecko.
Here is his terrarium a 20 long tank.
DSC02121.jpg

Various pics of him.
DSC02125.jpg

DSC02124.jpg

DSC02123.jpg

He was sold to me as a high yellow, but think it is actually a leucistic, so if anyone can tell that would be great, more pics later.

ReptileMan27

Welcome :), congrats on your first leo :). He looks like a blizzard to me but someone here will be able to tell you for sure.

I noticed a couple of things I would reccomend, I notice you dont appear to have a humid hide in your cage, leos need one to aid with shedding. They can very easily be made, just take a plastic container,not to big but big enough for the leo to sleep in. Once you have found a plastic container, wash it out good and then just cut a hole in the side large enough for the leo to enter and exit. Once that is done, its done and ready, just put some damp paper towels in it and put it in the cage. Keep the paper towels moist and change out old ones as needed.

The other thing I noticed was it appears that you are heating your leo just by above lighting, I would really reccomend getting a Under Tank Heater, belly heat is best for leos rather then overhead. The lights still can be used if addition heat is needed.

Hope that helps :)

S

Strike2

Interesting, I had never heard of "blizzard" before (I am still very new to leo's)...I have much more experience w/ ball pythons and I have a few hedgehogs as well)...I will do some research, but any links to pics of blizzards would be very useful.

U

[Username]

Does anyone think its possible that its a patternless? They tend to have quite a yellow tone to them and I haven't seen many blizzards that yellow but of course I guess its possible.

robin

welcome to the forums!!! i believe his gecko is a patternless :D

very nice setup :thumbsup:

S

Strike2

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I am going to upload some more photos in a few minutes.

Visit our friends