Hi, Everyone!

BluGnat

Opus
Hi, All! I'm so excited to have found this forum (wow the colors and layout rock) and to see so many names that I've quietly admired elsewhere for a couple years now. I'm formerly from Colorado (now homesick in Kansas). I'm married with two sons (12 and 4), nearly 36 years old (gag) and work full-time as a legal secretary. My husband, though he won't readily admit it, is as addicted to the Leos as I am.

My infatuation with the Leopard Gecko started back in '94 when I took on an assistant manager position at a Petco on the East Coast (I only lasted a year and had to get out, ugh). I had loved lizards since I was a little kid catching them out in the backyard and reading everything I could get my hands on about them. When I started hearing some of the advice that the associates at Petco were doling out to customers that I knew was blatantly wrong, I went on a mission to educate myself so that I could pass on accurate, real info to the customers or point them in a better direction to get real/credible information. I became the district lizard expert (which isn't saying much compared to the incredible lack of knowledge I was surrounded with).

On a visit home to Colorado in '94, I purchsed a juvenile "hi-yellow" from Pro Exotics in Boulder. I took him back east with me in my pocket on the plane. His name is Jake and he'll be 13 this year. A lot happened in my life after that, including moving back to Colorado, divorce and remarriage, and Jake was my only lizard for a while. A couple years ago I Googled for updated info on the Leos, and ran across several breeder websites and was AMAZED at the color morphs that are now as common as last decade's "hi-yellow."

At present, we have Jake, as well as three SHTCT girls (Xena Lizard Princess, Sheba, and Sahara). They are housed in 20L tanks on a rack and reside in the living room so that they're a part of the family. At this point, my husband and I are collectors with tentative plans to breed on a very small scale.

Visit our friends