Hola from New Mexico, USA

H

Here2Learn

Hey all,

I have been reading the forums for about a month now and just registered about a week ago. I have been keeping and breeding reptiles for just over 20 years. It's real easy to get started with so many harmless native herps around.

I just recently made the move back into geckos. For a time a decided that crickets and feeder bugs were too much a hassle and went to keeping snakes only. I had a huge breeding group of cresteds and some offspring that I sold off at that time.

After a year and a half of Gecko withdrawals, and a very frustrating time trying to get my rodent colonies producing consistantly, I hopped back in to the great world of Gecko lovers.

I am still heavily into my snake projects and have 4 gravid female corns due to pop. My snow female, Heaven, had her prelay shed last night. I'm also working with a group of Ball Pythons. I have a few other projects in the works(meaning I need to pair up) Biak GTPs, Pure Coastal Jaguar Sibling Carpet, DiamondXCoastal Carpet, and Mandarin Rat Snakes. You'll hear and see more on these in appropriate sections.

I now have three geckos I need to get into breeding groups. I have a male Leo coming to me on Monday for a breeder loan.

Thanks for reading and getting to know a bit about me. I hope to get to know your fine folks and your collections better.
Matthew

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sacredcreatures

Hey Matt, Welcome! I have 60 acres of land in New Mexico and will be starting a Haven for reptiles and Mammals soon. My land is located in Rodeo. a few hours away from you but close enough I will attend shows there. Glad to hear you are getting back into Geckos! They are so cool. I have Leos, Cresteds, Fatties, Beardies, Ball Pythons, and Trantulas. I raise my rats for the snakes and raise roaches for the others but also buy crickets, supers and mealworms so they have a variety! We will be moving there after I sell our house here. Maybe I'll see you at a show in NM sometime. This is a great site with some of the best people here. No matter what they always help you out and give lots of great advice. I have been in Reptiles for about 6 yrs but also raise the Manx cat, German Shepherds and had a Wolf Haven when in CA. for nearly 25 years, Plus every other creature under the sun! LOL! Keep in touch. Deb :D

H

Here2Learn

Thanks to all of you guys! I have already noticed the friendly support offered here vs the other herp forums i've sought info from. I was very in morelia[carpets and GTPs] for a while and still have some but, the keepers and breeders of those species tend to be very guarded and secretive.
not nearly open, and friend ly as you folks.

hey Michael, ABQ indeed can be spicy, food wise and there's some pretty whacky people around as well. But that's anywhere I think.

Deb, You are going to love NM once you adjust to the dry heat. Albuquerque has a pretty decent size herp culture, and we'll be glad to have you.

S

sacredcreatures

Hey Matt, I am from California so pretty used to it and love it. I hate humidity and it gets too wet/hot here for me. I have lived here 10 years and now its time to go back West! Yipee! Plus I am part Native American so NM is home to be like Cali is. Deb

H

Here2Learn

Very cool,
Maybe you can come herping with us this year. We mostly collect pics and leave foot prints.

Visit our friends