Home made humid hides

LNK89

Hey,

My girlfriend and I are going to be getting our first leopard gecko, and we are havig trouble finding a humid hide. My girlfriend thinks the regular tuperware containers with the hole cut into them are ugly. Is there anything else we could use or what can we use to decorate the tupperware container ? How big should the hole be ?

ReptarNDukeNukem

Gecko Newbie
Well I do not know about decorating them but I would make sure that it is big enough for them to enter with ease.Just remember if he gets too big for the whole you can cut it a little bigger.
Also do not use sand because it may look decorative but may cause impaction which can lead to death.Leo's natural habitat can be descriptive with clay and loose soil.

gitrdone0420

Gotta catch 'em all!
My boyfriend and I buy the tupperware/index card containers at walmart for $.86. We then cut a hold at the top or on the side with a drill bit that he has that makes a perfect circle for a hole. Its about the size of a half-dollar if not a little bigger. I dont like the looks of them either, so I bought the spray paint that has a rock-like texture to it and I coat it with that. It makes it look like a nice big rock. lol. So, thats what we use. They work very well! And they are so inexpensive! They are just like the caves that I buy at the pet store, only alot cheaper. So I highly recommend doing it.

danny662boy

My boyfriend and I buy the tupperware/index card containers at walmart for $.86. We then cut a hold at the top or on the side with a drill bit that he has that makes a perfect circle for a hole. Its about the size of a half-dollar if not a little bigger. I dont like the looks of them either, so I bought the spray paint that has a rock-like texture to it and I coat it with that. It makes it look like a nice big rock. lol. So, thats what we use. They work very well! And they are so inexpensive! They are just like the caves that I buy at the pet store, only alot cheaper. So I highly recommend doing it.

how tall and long are these containers?

Visit our friends