Housing question

Eves

So I bought my leos off of Craigslist,they where together in a 20 gall long tank and the woman said they where both females and have been living together for 7 years and have been doing fine.Turns out,one is actually a male...I did not want to breed them so I put a temporary divider in there cage until I figured out what I was going to do.The next morning when I checked on them the female had somehow gotten into the males side and this happened several times after.That was a couple months ago,I have given up trying to separate them and I am keeping a close eye on there behavior,there is no aggression on ether side,and I have been checking my female to see if she has eggs,but there is none.They love to hang out together and are best buds.I just want to make sure that its okay to keep them like this? I was thinking someday I would like to breed them but I'm not going to rush into it.

Rylee

3 Year Member
I would say just keep looking for signs of aggresion or overbreeding everyday, and they should be fine

Geckomaster743

Yeah, I would try and get a Glass divider from Home depo because Leopard geckos do not have Sticky feet, Just claws. Make sure to watch some videos on actual mating and aggression so you know what to look out for.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
As already said, just keep an eye on them to make sure everyone is behaving!

Visit our friends