Hova Bator 1602N Reviews

Leah's Leos

I just got this incubator as a gift and I can't find much information about it. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is good to use for the upcoming breeding season. It is the Hova Bator 1602N. Thanks so much, let me know if you need more information.

Leah

Music City Geckos

Is that the one that come with the fan. Hovabator is a great incubator, your going to need a separate thermometer to keep an eye on the temperatures. The thermostat included with it is a wafer and you'll need to check your temps every so often to make sure they are where it is supposed to be. As for that model, I believe it comes with a circulating fan. I would not use it because I have heard of these fans drying out the air too much. Good luck!!! Let us know how it works for you.

DrCarrotTail

Hovabators are awesome still air incubators for most reptiles. They do best in rooms where the ambient temperature stays pretty consistent. If the temp you're keeping it at is much different than the temp of the room it is kept in (say 60 degree room and 90 degree temp) then you probably want to add some water bottles so they can stabilize the temp so it gets back up to where you need more quickly when you open and close the incubator.

Good luck with it!

Leah's Leos

Would a temp-gun work as a good thermometer or do I need something in there constantly? I don't have any eggs yet so there is time to buy something if I need to. if the temp-gun won't work what do you suggest? thanks for the feedback!
Leah

Ink'd Out Geckos

I put a small 10 dollar thermometer in mine. I will tell you from what I am going through now with that incubator is that the fan does sometimes dry out my air. I have test containers in there with pearlite in them and it gets a little dry so I am planning on removing the fan. The watter bottle comment couldnt be more precise. I have to put them in because the room the incubator is in causes 2 to 3 degree fluctuations.

Visit our friends