how can i make enigmas?

robin

1) you can not make cross anything to make enigmas. they are their own morph.
2) you should get some "normals", some snows and some snow enigmas. no super snows

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
what do i cross to get enigmas? and if i cross a super snow to an enigma,will i get snow enigmas?

Actually, Super Snow X non-snow= 100% Snow. Enigma is a dominant trait, and you'll end up with a 50/50 split of enigma/non-enigmas. So, you do have a chance of producing snow enigmas with that cross. And enigma X enigma will be a 50/50 enigma/non-enigma split. Enigma is a dominant gene, so far there is no "super" version of it. So pretty much, Enigma X anything = 50% Enigma, 50% non-enigma. Of course, leopards don't always play by the rules genetically so numbers might be different.

Edit: In order to get Super Snow Enigmas, you would want to cross the F2 Snow Enigmas with either each other, Another Snow, or back to the Super Snow. It would end up like this:

Snow Enigma X Snow(or Snow Enigma X Snow Enigma) = Super Snow Enigma, Snow Enigma, Enigma, Snow, Normal
Super Snow X Snow Enigma =Super Snow Enigma, Snow Enigma, Super Snow, Snow

Last edited:

robin

1) you can not make cross anything to make enigmas. they are their own morph.
2) you should get some "normals", some snows and some snow enigmas. no super snows

my bad i thought he just said snow

cassadaga

Oregon Rainwater
if enigma was a dominant trait wouldnt 100% of the babies be enigma, instead of 50%?

In dominant traits the het and the homo look identical. Since most Enigmas are hets and only have one copy to pass on, it is only passed about half the time. A homozygous Enigma would produce 100% enigmas.

robin

In dominant traits the het and the homo look identical. Since most Enigmas are hets and only have one copy to pass on, it is only passed about half the time. A homozygous Enigma would produce 100% enigmas.

WHOA whoa whoa enigmas are hets?

Wandering Paddle

Yes. Enigma is a dominate morph and most enigmas available are heterozygous animals.

Het enigma x non enigma:
50% enigma
50% non enigma

het enigma x het enigma
25% homo enigma
50% het enigma
25% non enigma

het enigmas and homo enigmas are visually the same.

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
Robin, it just that everyone has been so busy outcrossing Enigmas that there hasn't been a ton of research on the outcomes of "homozygous" Enigma offspring. At least to my knowledge...

I've only seen reports that Enigma x Enigma weren't producing a much higher rate of Enigmas than Enigma x Normal. But who knows with "homo" Enigma x "homo" Enigma.

Wandering Paddle

Im not sure that one has been proven out through test breeding, but many enigma x enigma pairings have taken place. Its nearly impossible that a homozygous enigma hasnt been produced, Its the same odds as a supersnow from two macks

Visit our friends