How do I prove out this gecko?

neubauer geckos

Anthony Neubauer
How can I see if my banded albino is 100% het for raptor?it was sold to me as one.but I want to check.also how can I tell ify bold jungle is het.he was sold to me as 66% poss het raptor?

Wandering Paddle

instead of flooding the genetics section with questions, look up genetics and do a little research. The genetics 101 sticky in this section along with the leopardgeckowiki go along way. I would also recommended the following links:
http://www.geckosetc.com/htm/genetics.htm
http://www.paulsagereptiles.com/LeopardGenetics.htm

Another great tool is the book 'herpetoculture of leopard geckos' by Philippe de Vosjoli and Ron Tremper, though the morphs section/chapter is beginning to get outdated in certain aspects...

Questions are good, but not 7 or 8 in like 36 hours. Its awesome that you are interested in (obsession for many of us on the forum) leopard geckos and their genetics, but I think you will find it much more rewarding if you actually understand whats going on and why certain geckos look like they do by discovering it on your own, instead of asking and not knowing why we give you the answers we do.

THE WHISPERER

I just wanted to state my opinion here. first off, although the Genetics 101 sticky is a great feature and very informative, i can see how it can be a bit confusing for someone new at this. Second, i can't tell you how many times i've tried useing the search function and got off the wall stuff that has nothing to do with what i'm searching for, just because there was a key word that matched up. I don't even bother trying to use it anymore. I too get frustraited at seeing the same questions over and over but i'm sure when i first started i asked a few questions that had been asked a hundred times before me. The way i see it is there is two main reasons that people visit this forum, 1: to get help with their problems or questions. 2: to help people with their problems or questions. Sometimes it can be hard to even ask a question, so maybe we shouldn't be so hard on poeple that do, so they will be comfortable continueing to do so. The dumbest question there is is the one you don't ask.

OneFootedAce

I just wanted to state my opinion here. first off, although the Genetics 101 sticky is a great feature and very informative, i can see how it can be a bit confusing for someone new at this. Second, i can't tell you how many times i've tried useing the search function and got off the wall stuff that has nothing to do with what i'm searching for, just because there was a key word that matched up. I don't even bother trying to use it anymore. I too get frustraited at seeing the same questions over and over but i'm sure when i first started i asked a few questions that had been asked a hundred times before me. The way i see it is there is two main reasons that people visit this forum, 1: to get help with their problems or questions. 2: to help people with their problems or questions. Sometimes it can be hard to even ask a question, so maybe we shouldn't be so hard on poeple that do, so they will be comfortable continueing to do so. The dumbest question there is is the one you don't ask.

I agree 100%. just a few months ago i found genetics extremely confusing and was asking questions like this all the time, now after researching and stuff though and asking questions here on the forum, genetics makes total sense :main_thumbsup:

ILoveGeckos14

We could make a genetic crosses section and keep threads that are about this particular subject all in one spot for easy navigation.

Wandering Paddle

i feel like the point of my post was missed.
I wasnt saying that anyone shouldnt ask questions, i said that questions are a good thing. I also was in no way being hard on anyone... i was setting up a base for the op to learn how gecko genetics work and what they do. he obviously needed help understanding based on his multiple questions posted in this section... and i think i did a good job at helping.

herpencounter

Herpencounter.com

Go to Google, Advanced Search , second search line it says "this exact wording or phrase:" type in a PHRASE, at the bottom of the box it says "Search within a site or domain:" type in the domain name (www.geckoforums.net). Example.

Goof around with the different functions on that and, you can find information on this site MUCH, MUCH easier.

Last edited:

THE WHISPERER

i feel like the point of my post was missed.
I wasnt saying that anyone shouldnt ask questions, i said that questions are a good thing. I also was in no way being hard on anyone... i was setting up a base for the op to learn how gecko genetics work and what they do. he obviously needed help understanding based on his multiple questions posted in this section... and i think i did a good job at helping.

Sorry that i misunderstood the intent of your post, it did at first seem to me that it was aimed at not asking so many questions. It wasn't until this post that your intentions appeared different to me. starting your post off with "instead of flooding the genetics section with questions" made it seem different then what you had intended. Once again sorry for the misunderstanding.

Go to Google, Advanced Search , second search line it says "this exact wording or phrase:" type in a PHRASE, at the bottom of the box it says "Search within a site or domain:" type in the domain name (www.geckoforums.net). Example.

Goof around with the different functions on that and, you can find information on this site MUCH, MUCH easier.

Thanks for the insight on a better way to search. i breifly tried it on the question asked here on this thread and the results came up with nothing(LOL). i will play with it and learn how to refine my searches better, but as for now i find it easiest to ask other members the questions i have. :D Thanks again though herpencounter.

Visit our friends