How Do You Know Your Gecko Shed?

Jolenels

3 Year Member
Dora was all white the other day, and I've had snakes and such so I know what it looks like before they shed, and it was similar. So I left her be, didn't feed her...which is what I was doing when I discovered she was milky looking, and misted her hut and cage. The next day she was fine in colour again. But she doesn't look bigger or anything, and she's still little so she still has stripes that are solid and not breaking up. I checked out her toes to see if there was maybe skin left she couldn't get off but nope. So maybe she didnt shed? Is there any other reason she would be milky in colour?

Caleb C

She was shedding, they slowly grow big, you won't be able to tell a difference from just one shed, you need to take pics every month or so to tell. You need a humid hide, a plastic ziploc food container works fine. Cut a hole on top or the side, I prefer the top, and put something that can hold humidity. I just use a plain paper towel, You don't need to mist it too often, just mist it more when she's shedding. They go in there while shedding, it softens their skin, making it easier for them to bite it off.

Jolenels

3 Year Member
I have a wet and dry hidy hole....she rarely uses the wet one....so thats why I misted the dry one, and I misted her tank only to help her if she was in fact shedding. I'm going to feed her tonight since this afternoon she looked normal and attempted to crawl up my arm while I was freshining her water.

Jolenels

3 Year Member
Yea, she doesn't seem to care about the humid one....but she does sometimes lay in her water bowl. I was using a tupperware container and she NEVER went in it so I switched to an actual pet store hut and I lined the bottom of it with wet paper towel but Ive still never seen her in it.

Jolenels

3 Year Member
Yea, I'm not sure why she won't go in the moist hidey hut....but, like I said, she likes to soak in her water dish at night. So maybe she's softening up enough that way? Meh, she shed succesfully anyhow.

Visit our friends