How get gecko when she runs over me and clings to my back?

Heckolove

we can only hold Gekster when there’s more than one of us as she likes to crawl behind us and sit on our backs. It takes the other one to scoop her off but is there a tip to doing this myself so I can hold her alone? LOL

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
You can make a gecko treadmill with you hands so it can run from one hand to the other and then you put your empty hand in front of it. You can also set up a "play area" for your gecko so it can crawl around without getting on your back. Some safe play areas (you can also use a box or other large enclosure) that I've used include the bathroom with a closed door (as long as there are no heat vents that it could get into), carpeted stairs (with no other animals around) and behind the couch pillows (I pulled the pillows out a bit and kept an eye on the gecko).

Aliza

Heckolove

Thanks for your reply and the tips. We do the treadmill thing already which she seems to enjoy but she can be so fast running up my arm sometimes that as soon as she’s past me elbow she’s already made it to shoulder then back. Will deffo try making a safe play pen for her :)

Visit our friends