How long

Chibii

A Bright Reptile
How long can gecko's do whitout food? I know it depends on how fat their tail is, but lets say the gecko was 49 grams and weights 41 now. Her tail is looking poor and she ate one cricket last week out of her own. I have two in their now but she does not show any interest. Wat now?
I have been here whit this issue before..

ILoveGeckos14

What is the temp on the hot side of the cage? I would not leave the crickets in there for too long because they bug the gecko and eat the poop in the cage. If it were me I would make a slurry and try to stimulate her interest in food. Then I would take it to the vet along with a fecal sample to be tested.

Stomlin35

Gamer momma
I would try bumping up the temp and feeding her slurry for a couple of days, then try her normal food. If that doesn't work, a trip to the vet might be in order.

prettyprincess3690

Try giving her waxworms; leos have a hard time turning them down.

I'd recommend a vet trip/fecal exam though...8g is a lot to lose in a short period of time, and parasites could definitely be the cause.

Chibii

A Bright Reptile
She has just shed, but her nose is open and bleeding a bit. I hope it will heal quickly.

JordanAng420

If she's losing weight and isn't eating, try adjusting the temperatures like previously mentioned. If that doesn't work, you might want to have a stool sample analyzed and make an appointment to see a good herp vet. Oftentimes, a gecko will stop eating right before they're about to shed. Maybe she's a little hungrier now?

I'm going through a situation right now where I thought one of my geckos was just having a terribly bad shed issue, but I come to find out his entire body is septic, which means his entire body is filled with infection and he requires hospitalization and injections. I really had no idea until my vet examined him. If I hadn't taken him I might have lost him. I guess the point of this story is to say that sometimes its a little more serious than you think, so just use your judgement as far as when to seek medical attention.

Chibii

A Bright Reptile
Thanks, she is not eating sins august. SO it's not just shedding, since she is not eating well her shedding is not that good either. I will bring a poo sample to the vet this week.

Visit our friends