How many feeder insects does your Leo consume in each feeding?

Khenut

Just curious... Also, specify how often you feed them and what feeder insect your Leopard Gecko prefers. :)

My Ramses consumes anywhere from 2-7 meal worms per week. He is still settling in, but is fat as can be. He is very picky, and only eats if I drop the worm in front of him and do not disturb him at all during. LOL I've gotten him to eat a freshly molted meal worm beetle and some wax worms as a treat, as well. I ordered some Phoenix worms too, and I hope he enjoys them!

Star1

I offer them food every day, and the younger ones eat 5-7 every day and the older ones eat 4-5 every other day.

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
My adults eat 2-5 superworms every other day, by hand.Leos under a year get fed daily. Hatchlings eat mealworms and small dubia roaches. Older babies eat dubias, mealies by the bowl-full, and crickets.

Eve Saint

mine like 5 every day. Even the new young one seems to eat as much as the other two. I was wondering is it possible to have a overweight Leo gecko??????:confused: I am confused and heard that it is possible? I thought that all the fat stores in their tail anyway.

kouneli

My 5 week old will eat 4-5 mealworms every other day and 6-10 small crickets on the other days. Occasionally, I'll feed 2-3 baby dubias instead of mealworms...but my dubia colony is still starting out. She's such a PIG!
My juvie isn't much of an eater, but still keeps a fat tail. She'll eat about 5-7 small crickets every other day and ignores mealworms and dubia roaches.
My adults each have 1-2 adult dubia roaches every other day and they all have a full supply of mealworms in a bowl. Sometimes I'll buy large crickets and feed each of them 20 over the days after obtaining the large crickets. They'll usually eat 5-8 each night until I'm out.

Caleb C

They store the extra fat in their tails, but you don't really want a super fat tail if you're not going to breed them. Once they're adults, I think that 5 mealworms every other day is fine. I feed mine around 2-3 a day.

Khenut

As an update, Ramses loved the Phoenix Worms. But the substrate they use for them is absolutely rank. :X They also died very quickly, even though they're kept in a 70-72 degrees room. Does anyone have experience with them?

Commotiion

I just got my first leo, Doc. He's about 5 or so months old. My friend said I should only feed him 4 med crickets a day, wax worms as a treat. But I also heard give him as many as he wants, he knows when to stop. So I've been feeding him about 5 or 6, and I think he could eat more, just don't wanna push it lol. He's a fat fat fatty, just like me :D Never enough food xP

CourtneyZach

Mine eats 6 every day! It is the perfect amount.The worms are small though. When I feed him 5, he keeps looking for more. If I try to feed him more than 6 he just yawns and goes to bed.
Every time after he eats he yawns. So cute!

Visit our friends