How often to use calcium and multi vitamin supplements

Iggulds

Just curious how often everyone uses the calcium and vitamin supplements with their geckos. I have heard to use calcium everyday when they are a certain age and vitamin once a week. What age does this change?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have used 2 different protocols:
a. with separate calcium with D3 and vitamins (rep cal and herptivite in my case) I would keep a small amount of calcium without D3 in the tank and would alternate dusting the feeders with the calcium with D3 and vitamins at each feeding

b. after switching to Repashy calcium plus (which combines the calcium and the vitamins), I no longer keep calcium in the cage and dust the feeders with calcium plus at each feeding.

Aliza

Jordan

i keep a little bottle top of the needed vits in their vivs at all times. that wat its up to them how much they need. but if im thinking they need more then their food will get dusted.

Iggulds

Ya i also keep calcium with a little multi vitamin mix in her tank as well. And i used to dust for every feeding. I haven't even had her for a year yet. Just wondering if this was too much. I have recently been alternating days of dusting her food.

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
I was lost on this matter for a while; talked with my vet a couple weeks ago, she assured me that some vitamins will overdose, and she had OD'd a reptile before. So, calcium w/D3 should not be used too much. I used to dust with the pink label Rep-Cal once or twice a week, and she thinks I'm using it way too much.

fl_orchidslave

I like the Repashy plus better than separate supplements being a complete balanced formula. We saw healthy changes in our geckos. Since using it for my blue tongue skink also, her colors are amazing and she has a beautiful glossy shine.

Taquiq

JK Herp
I dust once a week for non breeders with calcium d3, and for breeders I dust mostly every feeding. I use herptivite every 1-2 weeks and keep a dish of non d3 calcium in all leos tanks at all times. I use Flukers calcium but I have heard a lot of good things about Repashy and am going to try it out.

Visit our friends