How to do a full clean?

qw23e

How do you fully clean out your guys tanks? Do you use a bleach water solution or a hose or what? Thank you for any answers as I am going to clean my geckos cage today or tommorow.

stewy84

I use bleach and wash in the tub with a spray hose. Just make sure u rinse all the bleach away, i know people say water it down but i dont just rinse well. ive heard of useing vinager to if u want a nontoxic clenser or maybe some dawn dish soap the stuff they use to save penguins that get into oil spills. ive washed stuff outside to with a garden hose to, 55 gallon aquariums dont wash so good in the btub. hope this helps

Ratman667

i wash mine with hot water with a little lysol in it. then i rinse with plain hot water. i wash the decorations in hot soapy water and then wipe them down with disinfecting wipes. let everything air dry

N

Nigel4less

I disinfect my tubs with Chlorahexadine(Very cheap to buy concentrated) and thats that.

qw23e

Alright I have one more question. Where do I put my gecko in all of this? I dont have a container of some sort so any suggestions or ideas? Thanks.

ajveachster

When we used tanks we would put the geckos in a small 5 gal tank when we were cleaning the big ones. The 5 gal worked great for a baby quarantine too. We would use a bleach solution for the furniture and a steam cleaner for the tanks themselves.

Haligren

is behind you.
The tank itself gets sprayed down with a white vinegar/water solution; the repti-carpet gets handwashed in hot water with a touch of laundry detergent, the hides and such get put in a tub of hot water with a capful of bleach. Then they get removed, and put in another tub of hot water with some Aquaplus. Bowls are handwashed in hot water with dish soap. Everything air dries.

While all is being cleaned I put my leos in a critter carrier with a paper towel roll (so they can climb inside and feel secure if they need to). Although generally they're all over the place trying to get out. lol

Oh, and my cat supervises. :p

Visit our friends