How to tell if your leo have any MBD?

GrimmyX15

Mkay-um?
I was wondering if i would notice leo have any problem. of related to MBD ...

like loss of climbing or twitching...

ever your leo have problem with like that?

I also have a another question...

If your leo refuse to eat dusted crickets, which it dislike smell of calcuim w/ d3 and w/o d3?. but can you give leo liquid calcuim? like how?

That could be help?

Thanks

leogecko88

My gecko has never had it so I don't know all the signs. From what I've learned, you could see swelling of the limbs and jaw, deformities of the limbs, and lethargy among other things.

Deko Gecko

IMG_1815.jpg

Force feed the liquid calcium!!! 3 drops...

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
wow, thats crazy lookin... luckily, i have never had a gecko that had mbd, but that one in that picture is prolly one of the worst ones i have seen in a pic!

Samantha

mine has the same thing i got her like that and i am going to try to force feed her and give her 3 drops of spray cal everyday if it doesnt work im taking mine to a vet

gitrdone0420

Gotta catch 'em all!
Yikes! That is crazy scary! Looks like I need to print this picture out and take it to the vets around here and say, "See! This is what MBD looks like". They have no clue.

Khrysty

Yeesh..that pic is awful. I've got a girl with just a VERY mild case of MBD. Got her that way and since she was so young, I figured just giving her access to calcium all the time would correct the problem. It's been a few months and I've noticed no change :/ She hasn't gotten worse at all, though. I'm thinking about getting liquid calcium for her as well.

got spots?

leo lover
Yeesh..that pic is awful. I've got a girl with just a VERY mild case of MBD. Got her that way and since she was so young, I figured just giving her access to calcium all the time would correct the problem. It's been a few months and I've noticed no change :/ She hasn't gotten worse at all, though. I'm thinking about getting liquid calcium for her as well.

Yea I'd do that. But as long as you dust daily and once a week with d3 she will be fine. As long as you continue with leaving a dish in.

But for the original question I would try liquid calium also I heard somewhere u can mix it with their water? Please correct me if I am wrong.

stewy84

They have stuff you can mix in the water and other liquid stuff you can spray there food with. I use the spray for all my baby's. Its great for getting dust to stick to worms, just mist worms and then dust them quick be for it drys. The powder sticks great. I really doubt that that one will ever walk normal again but still could live a happy long life. Ive not ever noticed there legs straitening out unless you get using the liquid feeder spray with in the first day or 2 of seeing visible symptoms(3 to 4 good drops a day then after the 3rd day I go to every other). Hope this helps

Visit our friends