Humid Hide Pics

chosen2030

I was wondering if y'all would be kind enought to post pictures of your natural looking humid hides. I don't like the way plastic tubs with holes cut in them look. Either that or pictures showing how you've cleverly disguised your humid hide to look natural. Lastly, does it matter where the entrance hole is (top or side) or whether you put it on the warm or cool side of the enclosure?

OhioGecko

Mod Squad Member
I use plastic containers so I will just comment on the hole placement and warm or cold side.

I have put holes in the side of the container and found that the leos will kick the dirt out the hole, therfore I have placed all my holes for my wet hides in the top of the container. This drastically cuts down on cage maitenance.

I place all my wet hides over the warm side of the tank. I beleive it helps the leos shed better. The disadvantage is you have to moisten it more often due to the condensation.

Spooki

caffeine zombie
http://i34.tinypic.com/29ln579.jpg
it's called "tropical cave" and came from a certain big chain pet store "where pets are family". my tank is a 20 H (has the foot print of a 15 gallon) so it might be too big for your tank. there's also a "desert cave" which i actually like better but it takes up even more floor space.

nats

Maybe you could take that ugly plastic box and cover it with grout and a layer of paint!?
You could even make a hide box out of styrofoam.

nats

http://i34.tinypic.com/29ln579.jpg
it's called "tropical cave" and came from a certain big chain pet store "where pets are family". my tank is a 20 H (has the foot print of a 15 gallon) so it might be too big for your tank. there's also a "desert cave" which i actually like better but it takes up even more floor space.

Does that have a floor in it, so you can turn it into a moist hide?

Visit our friends