Humid hides are very important + my cute gecko!

BeardieBeast91

This is my adult female leopard gecko! She was sleeping in her humid hide, and she looked so adorable so I snapped a photo! Also, I just wanted to share my experience with humid hides. When I first got my first gecko years ago, I only knew the basics, and I did not give my gecko a humid hideout. She would always have dead skin on her toes, and occasioanly her face, EVERY time she shed. Well, once I put in a humid hide, it made a HUGE difference. Now, when she is about to shed, she goes into the humid hide, and soaks up water, and then she sheds her skin and not one piece of dead skin will be anywhere on her body! Humid hides are so important to leo's! I use a small sandwhich container from the dollar tree, and I put a paper towel in there, and pour water in the hide and it keeps it super wet. Remember to cut a hole either in the top, or on one of the sides so that your gecko can get in.

Attachments

• BELLA.PNG
    BELLA.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 55

Star1

I didn't know about humid hides when I first got into reptiles either... now I don't set up new enclosures without them!

Visit our friends