humidity issues

tgolden

NeedingSome Help Solving A VaryLow Humidity Problem In My Female Leos Viv. At Any Given Time Its 25 % Or Lower. She HaS 2 Humid Hides SheCan Go But Does Not Use Them. She Is HavingSome Really Bad SheDs LAtly Due To This. Ive Added Some Large LoOse Subdtrste She CanNot Ingest And Mist Once A Day But I'm Worried That Is To Much Humidity. HerViv Is In The Same Room As To Other Dersert ViVs And They Are Fine....

Geckomaster743

Humidity for Leopard Gecko's can cause Respiration problems. Though that's with only too much humidity for a period of time.
Do you use a Heatpad or Lamp? She might go under the other hide if theres a heatpad under it.

tgolden

Was using a light up till this afternoon. I put her in a viv with a uth and the humidity is back up to around 30 so that will help. this is a odd situation i have other vivs in the same room and no issues at all with them. My others range from 25 to 30 ass at any given time... I've been keeping dessert reptiles for a good while and this was a first for me. ....just when ya think you got it all figured out lol

Geckomaster743

Was using a light up till this afternoon. I put her in a viv with a uth and the humidity is back up to around 30 so that will help. this is a odd situation i have other vivs in the same room and no issues at all with them. My others range from 25 to 30 ass at any given time... I've been keeping dessert reptiles for a good while and this was a first for me. ....just when ya think you got it all figured out lol

Havent heard from you in a while though, Good to see you commenting again :p But eh, I'll research, and see what I can pull up to help.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It's not always a humidity issue that causes problem shedding. There are some indications it could be a vitamin A issue but I think the info is inconsistent and hard to verify. I have several geckos that need help shedding, particularly on the tail or toes and a few that have more trouble when they're stressed. You could always put your gecko into the humid hide when it seems to be going into shed. That works OK with some of mine.

Aliza

tgolden

Update.... This is where I'm at with the humidity/ bad shed. I have been soaking her some and putting her in a humidity box. Was able to get some of the bad shed off her toes. I have not tried to get the other off. I'm just gonna let nature take its course and hope next shed is better. I put some antibiotic cream on the little wound that's come up on her back from scathing. I got the humidity problem work out. IMG_20130611_214022.jpg IMG_20130611_210431_216.jpg IMG_20130611_214022.jpg IMG_20130611_210431_216.jpg IMG_20130611_214022.jpg IMG_20130611_210431_216.jpg IMG_20130611_214022.jpg IMG_20130611_214022.jpg IMG_20130611_210431_216.jpg

Visit our friends