humidity question

Star1

So I got 4 geckos over the weekend that need high humidity and so far I haven't been able to keep it high. What's the best way to keep it high? I've been misting a lot. I put a damp towel over the top of one enclosure which worked for a day but it's not good for long term. I also bought a little dripper which I expected to make it like it was raining (pretty sure that's what it said on the website) but it just drips water in one small spot and makes a puddle. I live in minnesota and its like the dryest time of year so that definitely doesn't help

Geckotopia

hm... with out spending tons of cash- super low, large water dishes? That way it isn't too deep, but adds moisture, maybe keep it under the dripper to keep the puddle under control?

Amanda1

3 Year Member
Coco coir substrate holds moisture really well; that's what I use with the occasional misting. The dripper is more for chameleons, since they will only drink off of leaves. Maybe a repti-fogger would work better, but they are pricey. Or just a plain old humidifier.

jenna

It is also very dry in Alaska. I use a room humidifier it works wonderful, keeps my tokays humdidity 60-80% with out spraying. But I still do 3x a day.

Visit our friends